Tuesday 3 May 2011

Life is like your hair

At least mine is ! Forrest Gump said life is like a box of chocolate, but hell, I don't wanna be eating chocs all my life and die fat ! I think for me, it's more like my hair ... now, think about this .....

When i was younger, I kept my hair short, I was definitely busted looking anti-social nerd, you know, short hair, still short number of years of life, short, fat, short, fat. Simple straight-to-the-point life. I don't care how I look like, I don't care what people say about it, I keep it simple, I like to have short hair, I like to eat, I was fat yes, if you laugh at me ... not my problem !!

Then as my hair grow towards the shoulder, ah, the difficult part of my life. As much as I wasn't sure to cut my hair back to being short or to let it grow, life was like that. I wasn't sure whether I was a child or an adult. How do I speak, what do I wear, who should I hang-out with, who do I sit with during dinner, do I gossip with the adults, or play with those kids ! I dont know ! Hate my hair, hate my life .... !

Then, as years pass by, so does the age, the hair gets longer, pass the shoulder. I sort of decided that I'm not gonna cut it as yet, but I need spices to life as much as I need different style of my hair, so I colored it, layered, recolor, trim. Trying hard to look feminine yet adding excitement to it. Same goes to life, I've reached a comfort zone, this is it, this is me, but I need some spices added, so I got married, be a mother, then be single. As you pass through those cycle, you age gracefully, enjoying every single present moment, love my longer hair, feeling great as a mother, yet enjoying single life.

I always remember making the biggest mistake, getting my hair permed! How did I even get the idea to do that, I must have been crazy ! Did make mistakes in my life, of course, many more times than perming my hair ! Do I learned from it, I'll be stupid if I don't ....

I've passed the difficult moment, I've passed the shoulder, I am at this phase I love the most, enjoying the feeling of my naturally long straight hair at the back of my shoulder, enjoying life as it is.

To make life more interesting, I got my free natural blow dry after each yoga class, thank you to downward dog and all those inversions, great hair great life.

Namaste hair, I am so blessed !

No comments:

Post a Comment